Réf. : Re: Extra space after bar line

From: Jean-marc LEGRAND
Subject: Réf. : Re: Extra space after bar line
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:35:06 +0200

one trick that Mats has given to us, for Lily 2.4 on XP (what is your version
?) is :

if you have :

\bar "|."
c4\ff

you can do :

\bar "|."
s8 c4*3/4 \ff     (see 5.1.10 of the lily doc)

for the c and its ff  is moved a bit on the right.

Hope that helps !

                      Walter Hofmeister <address@hidden>

                      Envoyé par :
Pour :    "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
                      lilypond-user-bounces+jean-marc.legrand=total.        cc
:
                      address@hidden
Objet :   Re: Extra space after bar line

                      31/03/2005 08:31

On 3/30/05 11:34 PM, "David Rogers" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> In the piece I'm working on, the dynamic mark for the first note of a
> bar is colliding with the bar line. I've searched the manual as
> carefully as I can, and come up empty. Where can I learn how to add some
> extra space after this bar line?
>
> Thanks
> David

If the note that it is attached to needs extra space also I'm not sure what
your solution would be. But if the note is in the correct position and you
just need to move the dynamic mark, try putting the markup after the note or
the note after that. Sometimes I find things can be tweaked by just entering
them in a different position in the code. Hope this helps.

Walter Hofmeister