Getting Started - Problem with Piano Centered Dynamics and Pedal

From: Ted Stanion
Subject: Getting Started - Problem with Piano Centered Dynamics and Pedal
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 16:31:49 -0800

I have just started using LilyPond with version 2.4.3 on Cygwin. I modified
the "piano-dynamics.ly" file which I found at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/input/template/out-www/collated-files.html by
adding an extra measure of music with new dynamics. Specifically, the second
measure has a crescendo to ff with \setTextCresc. The text comes out, but it
and the spanner are not aligned with the other dynamic markings. The manual
says that the vertical position should be controlled by the
DynamicLineSpanner object. I added a \override state, but it had no affect.
Also, I tried to change the PedalSustainStyle to bracket; this also failed.
Can anyone explain what I've done wrong? My input file is attached.

Thank you,
Ted Stanion