Windows installation problems Re:

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Windows installation problems Re:
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 16:53:57 +0200

Just try again! The good news is that files that already have been downloaded and installed will not be downloaded again, so it will be much faster the next time you run setup.exe.

If it still doesn't work and you get an empty log file, click on the Cygwin icon or Start menu item to start a Cygwin command window. Does it display any error messages directly at start-up? Then, copy your file test.ly to the folder with your login name
below C:\cygwin\home\ and run the command
lilypond text.ly
in the Cywin command window. It should printout a number of lines, but if it says "Error" or "Warning", then you have some problem with the installation or with your input file. If it works OK, then you should have a test.pdf file in the same folder.

Please respond to the mailing list, i.e. press "Reply All" if you need more assistance.

/Mats

duff wrote:

Hard to see how this empty document can be of value, but here it is.

I just downloaded and installed lilypad. It seems to have take forever and been consisting of far more than just lilypad…

I experienced a downloading error on the US mirror, so tried again at the second listed site, proceeded fine for over an hour to 98% or so, then 2 errors at end of install. Pdf test didn’t work.

Hmmm. Will try again from the beginning, I guess.

Can you help?

I’m running Windows XP on a Dell Latitude C840/with Inspiron 8200 motherboard.

Pat Duff

address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>