Re: Still frustrated with chords

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Still frustrated with chords
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:49:09 -0700

S L Raymond wrote:

I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to notate certain chords in a lead sheet.

Specifically, Dm/sus/b5 and Fm(maj7).

The best I can render for the former is "Dm7sus/add 11" which is a bit tedious.
For the latter, I can find no solution.

Plus, I can't even figure out how to achieve a simple sus chord. "<root>:sus" doesn't work.

Aren't there just some simple rules I can follow?

This may not answer all questions but have you read all of these:

5.14 Popular music <cid:part1.09000704.04060204@ultrasw.com>

   * 5.14.1 Chord names <cid:part2.04040302.08070305@ultrasw.com>
   * 5.14.2 Chords mode <cid:part3.02040009.08030000@ultrasw.com>
   * 5.14.3 Printing chord names <cid:part4.07010806.07030409@ultrasw.com>