Re: Some questions

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Some questions
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 12:41:16 +0200

Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
Hi! I'm new to Lilypond (2.5.18) and this list, and have some
questions/comments:

how can I do custom drawing functions?

how can I do custom spanners? I'd like one with a straight line with an
arrowhead at the right end:
"textA --> textB". TextSpanners can't draw arrows (?) and they don't
nest.

some stuff collides, for example ottava and dynamics, and suspedal and
dynamics.

Change the padding property on one or the other.

how to pass stuff (args or vars) to postscript markup?

how to add global postscript header code? (for custom postscript
functions)

is there any variables available in inline postscript markup to tell
anything about the object attached to? (coordinates, etc...)

The origin of the postscript coordinate system will correspond to
the normal position of the text script (or syllable if you have the
text markup within a lyrics line or ...), which means that

how can I use other fonts in markup? (like for instance Symbol and
ZapfDingbats)

how can I turn of drawing of cautionary accidentals? (with
modern-cautionary style they are drawn inside parantheses but I'd like
them not to be drawn at all)

The set-accidental-style function actually sets the propoerties
autoCautionaries and autoAccidentals, that are described in the
program reference for the Accidental_engraver (see the end of
the page on automatic accidentals). If you want other combinations,
you can set these directly. The settings given by the different styles
are described in the file scm/music-functions.scm.

   /Mats