Re: textspanner arrowed line

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: textspanner arrowed line
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:29:47 +0200

Op 15-apr-05 om 21:49 heeft Jonatan Liljedahl het volgende geschreven:

I'll take a look in line-spanner.cc and see if I can add a property
"arrow-style" or something like that. I think it's a quite common thing
to have a textspanner with text in both ends and an arrow in between.
It's the last thing that is needed for me to typeset my last composition
with Lilypond instead of Finale (which is what is available in school).

This sounds like a good idea. Probably the arrow drawing should be done
by the line-interface code, because arrows are a generic thing to have on lines.

But otherwise, would it be possible to replace the whole
TextSpanner::print function and do both texts and arrow? What should I
do in the end of the function, just return the stencil or call
something?

If in Scheme, simply return the stencil. For C++ examples, see any print function.

Another solution would be to put the arrow in the end edge text, and
translate it to the left a bit... Is it possible to include markup (with
\stencil code-to-draw-arrowhead) in the edge texts somehow?

I'm not sure it will work. There is padding (bound-padding property) between the text and the line,
but you could give it a try.