Re: Turn with two accidentals

From: David Sanders
Subject: Re: Turn with two accidentals
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:19:27 +0100 (BST)

> The error message says exactly what the problem is and agrees with the
> way \column works for me with 2.4.2.  The example in the Text Markup of
> the manual for 2.4.2 is:
>
> \markup { \column < a bbbb c > }

Thanks, I had somehow missed this bit of the documentation.
The following is a solution that I'm happy with (although the vertical
spacing could do with tweaking -- what's the best way of doing this?):

a4^\markup{\center-align  < {\teeny \smaller \smaller \smaller \sharp}
                            { \musicglyph #"scripts-turn" }
                            {\teeny \smaller \smaller \smaller \sharp >
          }

Thanks very much for everybody's help.

David.