Re: installation OSX 10.3.

From: Robert T Wyatt
Subject: Re: installation OSX 10.3.
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:38:47 -0500

At 2:07 AM +0200 4/18/05, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
check out the following tutorial for more information
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-02/txtmVnW1IShBT.txt

(minor corrections on this one, sorry...)

Nice! There could be some updates though:

In lieu of step one (which is the simplest way to do it), one could use fink to install a more recent version of xFree86 or the fink xorg package (the latter is only available in the unstable tree), which are more recent versions of X11. Note that you must choose either to follow step one and use Apple's X11 or install X11 via fink (you cannot do both). The respective fink commands would be 'fink install xfree86' or 'fink install xorg'

Enabling fink's unstable tree is no longer necessary to install LilyPond (but you do get a more recent version -- 2.4 as opposed to 2.2 in the stable tree). In either case, the command is 'fink install lilypond' -- one does not need 'fink install lilypond-unstable' if the trees are correctly set and 'fink selfupdate' has been run.

Lastly, my output files are not on the Desktop, but rather they are in my home directory. (Could be an environment setting I need to make....)

Otherwise, everything is as stated! I'm also new to LilyPond and I'm fascinated by it.

--Robert

For more information on which versions of LilyPond are available via fink:
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/lilypond
Information on X11 options in fink:
http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/x11/inst-xfree86.php?phpLang=en