Re: Starting up Lilypond

From: Maurits Lamers
Subject: Re: Starting up Lilypond
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 00:18:19 +0200

Hi,

The lilypond program doesn't come with an interface like Finale or Sibelius.
All you do is create a text file (or find the .ly file you mention) (use Notepad for instance).
Write the code conforming the documentation on www.lilypond.org
Save it as [something].ly
Double click on it
If all goes well, Acrobat Reader will open and show you a beautiful score :)

greets

Maurits