Random dynamics disappearance - maybe font-aleatorics

From: dax2
Subject: Random dynamics disappearance - maybe font-aleatorics
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:12:25 +0200

   The dynamics disappeared from the print of the
classic-style music which I am working on.

   They are now back again. Weird!

   I used lilypond-2.4.5, I have Gentoo but a handrolled
ghostscript-8.50.

   I had a piano part and for some reason inserted a polyphonic
bar 55 where there was an extra (long) bass-note.

   The dynamics were gone, I noticed.
   There were still dynamics in the "midi" output.

   I removed the << {gis,1} \\ { b4 d fis } >>
and the dynamics reappeared

   I have tried to regenerate the missing-dynamics-input inserting
the <<{}\\{}>> again, but the dynamics are ok - no error.

   Could it be that I experienced a font-search error (again)?

   HERE is my question:

   Could this kind of error could be the same as the
gv/font-search-mechanism error?

   Unfortunately I did not check the .pdf or .dvi output.

   It resembles the font error which I sometimes get when I view
my .ps files with gv:

   Sometimes the fonts for lilypond-music are replaced by strokes
and small numbers, especially when gv was loaded with a postscript
file, it was rendered ok, and afterwards a new .ps file is
generated and gv detects this and reloads. A very practical feature.

   However once in a while notes are numbers and everything except
staffs are wrong font-units. Usually I do open the file again and
everything is ok.

   For example once I noticed that braces for the piano staves had
become a small digit-2. Everything else was ok. How come?

   Is there something aleatoric here on my computer system? :-)

   Is k-pathsearch the culprit?

   You can have a look at my sourcefile on
   http://d-axel.dk/pub/music/noDyn   %% (but there are dynamics!)

   Regards/Donald