Re: Notation question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Notation question
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 18:02:15 +0200

A DrumStaff context can only contain DrumVoice contexts, not
Lyrics contexts, so you confuse LilyPond.
The following should work better:

drumContents = {
  <<
       %%\set DrumStaff.instrument = #"Drums"
       \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \up }
       \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \down }

}

\score {
  <<
    \new Lyrics \sticking
    \new DrumStaff { \drumContents }

}

   /Mats

Stan Mulder wrote:
I'm new to the list and I'm trying to get my lyrics (percussion sticking in this case) above the beams instead of below the noteheads. I've fiddled around with "context" but I'm lost. Code is below.

I also noticed that my grace notes (grace note on the flams) were the same size as the regular notes. What gives? They should be smaller than the main note.

Any suggestions for simplification is appreciated.

Regards,
Stan

\version "2.5.18" {}
#(set-global-staff-size 18)

\header {
 title = "Flam Tap Exercise"
}

\paper {
 linewidth = 9.0\cm
 vsize = 10.0\cm
 indent = 0\mm
}

sticking = \lyricmode { R8 R L L R R L L }
up = \drummode { \acciaccatura sn8 sn sn \acciaccatura sn8 sn sn \acciaccatura sn8 sn sn \acciaccatura sn8 sn sn }
down = \drummode { hhp8 bd hhp bd hhp bd hhp bd |}

drumContents = {
  <<
       %%\set DrumStaff.instrument = #"Drums"
       \new Lyrics \sticking { }