Re: 2.5 percussion documentation examples are broken?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.5 percussion documentation examples are broken?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:49:11 -0700

On 25-Apr-05, at 8:41 AM, Stan Mulder wrote:

If one compares the 2.4 and 2.5 percussion notation page, you can see that the 2.5 examples are broken:

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Percussion-staves.html

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Percussion-staves.html

Thanks, it'll be fixed soon.

Devel: is  \drums{}  still supposed to work?

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Entering-percussion.html
%% all "notes" are middle C
 \drums {
       hihat hh bassdrum bd
}

Looking at the examples in Percussion-staves, it seems that drum support only works when there's an explicit \context DrumStaff { \context DrumVoice{ }}.
See this example:

%% first bar fails; second bar (after the DrumVoices are defined) is good.
\new DrumStaff <<
       \context DrumVoice = "1" { s1 *2 }
       \context DrumVoice = "2" { s1 *2 }
       \drummode {
         bd4 sn4 bd4 sn4
         <<
           { \repeat unfold 16 hh16 }
           \\
           { bd4 sn4 bd4 sn4 }

       }

I can delete \drums{} from the docs and replace it with the explicit
definitions, but I think we should keep \drums{}.

Cheers,
- Graham