RE: Default font

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: Default font
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:22:14 -0500

Mats -

Following your pointers, rummaging and deducing, I've made some progress.

Primarily, I'm trying to discover the default text font used in \markup and
the same text font to use in embedded PostScript.  Purpose is to match
rotated text.

It seems the default is Roman Upright Medium 10, cmr10.tfm, located at
\usr\share\texmf\fonts\tfm\public\cm\

The closest PostScript font seems to be Times-Roman using 2.2 (manual says
1.75) scalefont.  It's not the same as cmr10.tfm, but close.  Haven't found
where it lives.  Manual implies cmr10 can be used in the \postscript string,
but PostScript names seem to be necessary.

Using 2.4.3 on XP with .pdf via .ps backend.

                                    - Bruce