Re: 2.5 in debian?

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: 2.5 in debian?
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:34:39 -0400

    DJB> If I wanted to compile 2.5 in Debian, while keeping 2.4, what do I
    DJB> need to do to make it something like Pedro's "lilypond-snapshot"?

There were always problems with that (google lilypond-book
lilypond-snapshot).  So I've just been installing and uninstalling.
It's easier than it used to be, because you no longer need the TEXMF
and TEXINPUTS environment variables.

The key thing is that if you uninstall a package, you have to use
"dpkg --purge" instead instead of "dpkg -r".  Otherwise, font stuff is
left hanging around, and your music looks really wierd.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139