RE: More on lyrics alignment and the repeat option (repeat percent)

From: Luis Guillermo Agudelo
Subject: RE: More on lyrics alignment and the repeat option (repeat percent)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 06:26:09 -0400

Sorry, just a small but important typo.. The unfolded version is correct, the FOLDED version is not....

Thanks,
Luis

From: "Luis Guillermo Agudelo" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:21:58 -0400

Dear lilypond users,

I noticed that in the discussion log, there is quite a lot already about lyrics and alignment but I quite didn't see the problem I am having now. I believe it is a bug.

When using repeat percent, the lyrics do not get aligned with the "//"(repeat) sign according to the number of repetitions of the note.

Here the full example (please ignore keys and tempos. The example was not taken from western music ):

\version "2.5.2"

melody = \context Voice = "singer" \relative c'' {
   \clef treble
   g2( a2)
   \repeat "percent" 2 { g4 }
   g4 e4 f2 f4 e4 d2
   \bar "|"
   f4 f2( g4) g4 e2
   \bar "|."
}

firstVerse = \lyricmode {
     \set stanza = "1."
Heav'n and earth are u -- ni -- ted to -- day
for Christ __ is born.
 }

global = {
 \key d \minor
 \override Staff.TimeSignature #'transparent = ##t
 \set Score.defaultBarType = "empty"
}

music = {
    <<
     \context Staff = "melody" <<
       \global
       \melody

     \lyricsto "singer" \new Lyrics \firstVerse

  }

\book{
   \score{
% If I comment the \unfoldrepeats here the lyrics are no longer correct
    \unfoldrepeats{
      \music
    }
    \layout { }
    \header{
          opus= ""
          piece ="piece"

When I comment the unfoldrepeats section, then the lyrics get shifted. Please Look at the PDF files attached (generated with and without the unfoldrepeats option).

The unfolded version is correct. In the unfolded version what I believe is correct, is that the word "earth" get's right below to the // (repeat) sign. Furthermore, if I had a repeat 7 instead of two, then the seven following syllabes should get associated to the same // sign.

I am a 5 hour newby. My apologies if I am making somthing wrong and the fix is trivial.

Thanks in advance,
Luis