RE: mac osx emacs lilypond-mode

From: arjan.bos
Subject: RE: mac osx emacs lilypond-mode
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 08:24:48 +0200

Sean,

Did you put in your .emacs the code that links .ly files with lilypond-mode?
You can do this by adding:
;; lilypond
(autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode" "LilyPond Editing Mode" t)
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode))
(add-hook 'LilyPond-mode-hook (lambda () (turn-on-font-lock)))

Or, alternatively, you can use M-x load-library [ret] lilypond-mode
to load lilypond mode. This makes the lilypond functions available to emacs.
You then are able to switch on lilypond mode by M-x LilyPond-mode. Please be
aware that these names are case-sensitive.

HTH,
Arjan

Btw [ot] When starting with Latex in emacs, please consider auctex as an
enhanced latex-mode. It helps with a lot of small things, like placing the
correct environment with begin and end, changing fonts and things like that.