Re: font problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: font problem
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 13:26:48 +0200

OK, what happens if you do
ps2pdf testfont.ps
and view the resulting PDF file?

If the PS file looks OK, then I would definitely suspect your
Ghostscript (which is the program doing the job in ps2pdf).
Do you get the same problem both when viewing the PDF on screen
and when you print it on paper? Could it even be your PDF viewer
(Acroread?)?

Anyway, updmap is definitely not an issue, since the font map
file is specified explicitly by lilypond when it calls dvips.
In other words, there's no idea to use updmap.

   /Mats

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

Did you build the ec-fonts-mftraced yourself? I would guess so,
since you have problems both with the feta fonts in LilyPond and
the ec-font used for the title.

You guessed wrong.  ec-fonts-mftraced is from the Lilypond
download site.

If you want to verify that a certain font file, say ecrm10.pfa,
looks OK, try the following steps:
Run: text testfont
Name of the font to test = ecrm10
Now type a test command (\help for help):)
*\table\bye

Run: dvips -u+ec-mftrace testfont
(make sure that the printouts include <ecrm10.pfa> )

Look at the resulting file testfont.ps

For the feta font, replace ecrm10 by feta20 and -u+ec-mftrace by
-u+lilypond

It says <feta20.pfa> and the resulting PS looks perfect.
Please consider that in the original report I mentioned the
Postscript file being perfect (with vector fonts), it's only
the PDF which exhibits the problem.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems