Re: dynamics

From: Matthias Neeracher
Subject: Re: dynamics
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 22:43:50 -0700

On May 10, 2005, at 8:34 PM, Graham Percival wrote:

On 10-May-05, at 3:20 PM, Robert T Wyatt wrote:

I don't know if it is me or a bug but dynamic marks are not pretty italic fonts, rather they are big ugly fonts:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/ Dynamics.html

Other than the "ppppp" and "fffff", there's nothing wrong with that page.

Please report this issues as:

On fink 2.5.23 MacOS 10.3.9, dynamic marks are big ugly fonts.
(we _really_ need to know what OS and package system you're using)

I believe that this is a known issue; there's a lot of font stuff happening
on fink/lilypond right now.

Matthias, if this issue hasn't been fixed since 2.5.23, I can add to it.

In fact, I believe I may finally have succeeded in fixing the nagging font issues last weekend. However, some of the necessary fixes are still being reviewed to make sure they don't break other packages.

Thrill seekers are welcome to try my experimental fink tree;

- Check out the experimental fink tree into some directory, following the instructions in <http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/cvsaccess/index.php>. The module you want is experimental/neeri/finkinfo.
- Add my experimental directory to your fink tree:
  - ln -s YOUR_DIRECTORY/neeri /sw/dists/neeri-experimental
- Edit /sw/etc/fink.conf and add neeri-experimental to the BEGINNING of the Trees: line.
- Type "fink update lilypond-devel"
- Don't forget to eventually remove neeri-experimental from fink.conf again.

Please keep me posted on your success /failure of reproducing these instructions.

Matthias