volta bracket doesn't close when under chords

From: Robert T Wyatt
Subject: volta bracket doesn't close when under chords
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:50:41 -0500

2.5.23 MacOS 10.3.9

After implementing the tip/trick from below, the volta brackets for the first ending of A at the top no longer closes. The volta bracket at the very ending (fine) also doesn't close, but it was already like that before making the change.

It's possible that adjusting padding or spacing may be the answer so I will try this. I was wondering if anyone else has the problem. --rtw

PDF is here:
http://reg148.reg.utexas.edu/~rgrtw/lilypond/stillinger/DalmatianStrut.pdf

lily file is here:
http://reg148.reg.utexas.edu/~rgrtw/lilypond/stillinger/DalmatianStrut.ly