Re: Is there an RPM

From: Jamie Bullock
Subject: Re: Is there an RPM
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 19:46:54 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 06:19 -0700, Mark Healey wrote:
> Jamie Bullock wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 09:45 -0700, Mark Healey wrote:
> >
> >>I'm running Fedora Core 3 and would like to install
> >>Lillypond.  It looks like it is a nightmare of dependencies.
> >>  I'd like to use yum to install it.  Is there an RPM for
> >>the current version?
>
>  > I use the PlanetCCRMA RPM from:
>  >
>  > http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/packages.html
>  >
>  > If you do a lot of audio work, it might be worth
> considering CCRMA
>  > anyway.
>  >
>  > Jamie
>
> Thanks, I downloaded it and the dependencies listed.  When I
> tried: (wrapping introduced by my text editor)
>
> address@hidden mark]# rpm -ivh
> lilypond-2.4.5-1.rhfc3.ccrma.i386.rpm
>
> I got:
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>          ec-fonts-mftraced is needed by
> lilypond-2.4.5-1.rhfc3.ccrma.i386
>
> None of the archives I checked have an RPM for this.  Where
> is it?
>
> And, Are there any more dependencies that aren't listed?

When you say archives, do you mean apt repositories? If you use apt, it
will automatically resolve all the dependencies for you, that is why I
recommended CCRMA. ec-fonts-mftraced is in the repository. If you want
to go down this route, you need to follow the instructions at:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html

But there may be other repositories that suit your requirements...

Jamie