RE: Ineffective \override

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: Ineffective \override
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:32:41 -0500

Mats -

I had scoured the documentation prior to posting, but missed the thread
Werner initiated.

For posterity, here is a list of things that work in v 2.4.3:

   \override NoteHead           #'transparent = ##t
   \override Stem               #'transparent = ##t
   \override Dots               #'transparent = ##t
   \override Beam               #'transparent = ##t
   \override Rest               #'transparent = ##t
   \override Accidental         #'transparent = ##t
   \override Slur               #'transparent = ##t
   \override PhrasingSlur       #'transparent = ##t
   \override Hairpin            #'transparent = ##t
   \override TextScript         #'transparent = ##t
   \override Script             #'transparent = ##t
   \override DynamicText        #'transparent = ##t
   \override Staff.BarLine      #'transparent = ##t
   \override NoteHead           #'no-ledgers  = ##t

The last two may not be buggy, but I agree with Werner that they are fishy,
and with your characterization as tricky.  Certainly they are inconsistent
from a user view.  I endorse Werner's plea for documentation.

Thanks for the help.

                                                 - Bruce