Re: Is there an RPM

From: Jamie Bullock
Subject: Re: Is there an RPM
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 08:29:40 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 21:59 -0700, Mark Healey wrote:
[snip]

> I was hoping to avoid using apt for fear of getting updates
> all out of sync by using two package management systems.
> Since I'm already using yum and up2date I figured that I
> would just stick to them.
>
> > ec-fonts-mftraced is in the repository. If you want
> > to go down this route, you need to follow the instructions at:
>
> I guess I'll just have to keep downloading rpms and
> installing them individually.
>
> Thanks.

I don't mean to harp on about this, but CCRMA has a set of Yum repos as
well. See this posting: http://ccrma-
mail.stanford.edu/pipermail/planetccrma/2005-April/008694.html.

Anyhow, if you use up2date you can use Yum, apt and dir repos, and it
will keep them all in sync. Just add the repositories
to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.

Jamie