Re: Cygwin 2.4.2 Download Incomplete

From: Rob Vlasaty
Subject: Re: Cygwin 2.4.2 Download Incomplete
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 16:20:41 -0500

Here's an example of what I've been trying to do. I'm trying to
change the font. I used Bitsream Charter in this example because
it comes with Cygwin, and others should also have it. I know that
it has a different font encoding and the characters will not show
up correctly in the 2.4 versions. But when I run it through
lilypond-book, the characters get changed again. (I could have
sworn that when I used version 2.4.2 that it substuted the correct
characters, but I can't remember for sure. I wanted to go back
and try it again, so that's why I was downloading it again.)

Anyway, if you look at my examples you'll see how the characters in
the lyrics get changed. The test3.ly file output is different from
when I run it through lilypond-book using the testbook2.tex file.
The regular paragraph in my tex file comes out correctly.

Will the newer 2.5.x versions eventually fix my problem?

Rob