Re: Cygwin 2.4.2 Download Incomplete

From: Rob Vlasaty
Subject: Re: Cygwin 2.4.2 Download Incomplete
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:15:46 -0500

> > (I could have sworn that when I used version 2.4.2 that it
> > substuted the correct characters, but I can't remember for sure.
> > I wanted to go back and try it again, so that's why I was
> > downloading it again.)
> I don't think so. But I'll put back a 2.4.3 for you. In the meantime you
> can try putting back the previous version of tetex (v2)

Thanks, but you don't have to do that.  You've convinced me that it didn't work before.

> > Anyway, if you look at my examples you'll see how the characters
> > in the lyrics get changed. The test3.ly file output is different
> > from when I run it through lilypond-book using the testbook2.tex
> > file. The regular paragraph in my tex file comes out correctly.
> Your attached files look the same.

Take a closer look at the lyrics on those files I attached before.  You'll notice on the file test3.pdf in the third syllable (vset) there is a superscript 2 in place of the "s" and in the file testbook2.pdf, (which runs the same test3 file through lilypond-book) the "s" now becomes an s with a vertical line through it.  It just seemed a little strange to me that the characters would be different when the same file went through lilypond-book on version 2.4.

But that's an old version, so I guess there's not much sense in worrying about it.  I'm glad that version 2.5 will solve my problem.  I'll just wait to use that to finish my project.  I'm looking forward to trying it.

Thanks,

Rob

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup