Saving a file in Utf-8

From: Rob Vlasaty
Subject: Saving a file in Utf-8
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:32:29 -0500

I just downloaded version 2.5.26 for Windows, and it works great.  I'm very happy with the way I can change the fonts now.

I've had a tough time today with saving a file in utf-8 format to get special characters.  I can edit the file input/regression/utf-8.ly with Microsoft Word 2003, Wordpad and Notepad, save the files and view the characters.   The file utf-8.ly works fine when I run it through Lilypond, but when I try to run the file after I edited it through Word, Wordpad or Notepad, and saved it in utf-8 format, Lilypond just hangs.  The log file says "Parsing...." and that's it.

However, when I ran a file through Emacs after I edited it through the other programs it worked fine.

Has anyone else had a similar result?  As a last resort, I can run my files through Emacs, but I was hoping there would be an easier way right from my other editors.

Rob

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup