using LilyPond

From: daniel boronka
Subject: using LilyPond
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:48:48 -0700 (PDT)

I just finished downloading lilypond-2.4.6.i386.rpm

I don't understand what I am supposed to do with this
file. How do I run it? How do I compile it?

I am reading the documentation about how to this, but
it says I "need the following packages to compile
lilypond"

should I download these to compile lilypond? What
should I do with them after I download them?

Any Help?

Thanx

Daniel Boronka

Daniel Boronka