Re: using LilyPond

From: zeroguy
Subject: Re: using LilyPond
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:19:26 -0400

Mats, You make the assumption that he's installed the RPM. Unless I'm
misreading this, he does not know how exactly to install the RPM file
itself.

Daniel:
Technically, how you install it depends on which distribution you use,
but usually 'rpm -i <filename>' will work. If it says you need to
install other packages, then you must find their respective RPM files
and install those before installing lilypond (i.e., run 'rpm -i
<filename>' on them).

Also note that you are installing lilypond, but I don't think you are
compiling it (the RPMs have the binaries, I think). That will install
the binary program itself.

        -zeroguy