Re: Saving a file in Utf-8

From: Rob Vlasaty
Subject: Re: Saving a file in Utf-8
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:01:41 -0500

dax2 wrote on
Sun, 29 May 2005 02:45:34

>I thing you need to use plain text files. UTF-8 is the same as
>multi-byte international character set.

>If you need UTF-8, find out whether your Latex and Lilypond
>program set supports UTF-8. Otherwise you can use for example
>Latin-1 with Lilypond and company.

>As a rule of thumb, do some research before posting a question,
>or wait until you feel almost desperate;-)

>From your posting quoted above it seems to me that you need
>some basic guidance into character set handling.

I know I need lots of guidance in character set handling, being new at all of this, but I have learned a lot in the past few months.  Sometimes I feel almost desperate because my project has been on hold for months because I need characters like ž and š  in a different font.  That's why I am anxiously waiting for version 2.6.

But the main reason I wrote to the message board is because of another posting I read...