Re: Lilypond 2.5.26 under Windows98SE

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.5.26 under Windows98SE
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 09:49:31 +0200

Kevin Sheedy writes:

> I just installed the Lilypond standalone for the first time. I can't
> get it to work. When I run the desktop shortcut, I get a dos prompt
> with the following:
>
> Out of environment space
> Out of environment space
> Out of environment space
> Out of environment space
> Too many parameters

Hmm, constant error messages, how useless.  Can you try removing the
@echo off line from lilypond.bat, and see where the errors occur?

Is it an option to increasing the "environment space"?  Why would one
want to impose a limit at all?

> When I downloaded the test file and clicked it, I got a .log file and
> a .ps file (attached), but no .pdf file. I had GhostScript 8.51
> installed before I started. I'm all out of ideas. Can you help.

It seems that we need a windows guru to look into this, sorry.

What I'd do is to run lilypond.exe --verbose <some-test>.ly, to see
the error that gs produces.

Do we have a success report with windows 98 at all?

Jan.