Re: OS X Binary & Fonts

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: OS X Binary & Fonts
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:59:40 +0200

Will Oram wrote:
I have the OS X lilypond .26 binary, and I've used it a little. It works great, but once again, fonts are causing problems.

The main serif font does not display in PS/PDFs made with the binary. Instead, I get a sans-serif font display; it looks like Gill Sans or something. Whatever it is, it's more interesting than Monaco, but less interesting than, say, Comic Sans. Because of this replacement, many things print in SS font: markups, everything in \header, instrument names, etc.

this should be fixed in .27

Two more things while I'm here:

* Is there no way to change the text editor PDF-clicking opens?

Yes, we can have other editors open. However, I'm not sure how to do that on MacOS X. Any pointers? Which editor would you like?

* I'm not too keen on having the binary drop all processed documents on the Desktop. I'm fairly sure the OS can tell you the source of a dropped file.

ok.