Re: lilypond 2.4.4 package on suse 9.3: dvips problem

From: Tapio Tuovila
Subject: Re: lilypond 2.4.4 package on suse 9.3: dvips problem
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 07:27:02 +0300

I would be very grateful for any help.

I don't know any Black Magic.  You might have tried this
already, but I'd give 2.5.x a try.  Hey, the worst that can happen
is that it fails, right? You could try the redhat rpm, but I'd go straight
to the source tarball.  Follow the instructions in the INSTALL
directory, and if anything goes wrong, post here again.

- Graham

I'd like to second Graham's opinion. Compiling 2.5.2x goes smoothly on suse 9.3; at least I have noticed no particular problem. And once you use 2.5.x you need not worry about dvips -sort of things.

my best,
Tapio