Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP

From: Roman V. Isaev
Subject: Re: PNG problem with 2.5.27 on WinXP
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:27:17 +0400

On 06/05, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> >     How to solve this problem? I need PNG files as preview
> > images for PDFs...
> I hope we'll get around to fix this before 2.6.  Otherwise, just stick
> with Cygwin if you're happy with that.

        Umm, I can't apply old ps2png because lilypond --ps doesn't work, it
doesn't leave .ps file, only pdf.

> >     BTW I don't see any diagnostics when lilypond works. It may be ok
> > for these who love drag&drop, but I work in bash (cygwin) and use makefile
> > to generate several PDF and PNG files at once. How to force lilypond to
> > print diagnostics to stdout, like 2.4.2 did? Also I can't run lilypond -h
> > to find out all command line options...
> That's strange.  It works for me.  Do you run from a Cygwin terminal?

        Yes. I tried both cygwin terminal and cmd.exe console.

> If you really want, you can hack the file
>     .../usr/share/lilypond/x.y.z/scm/lily.scm
> and set
>     (define (running-from-gui? #f))

        I did it. Still it exits immediately and doesn't show lilypond -h
output. OS is Windows XP 5.1.2600

--
 Roman V. Isaev         http://www.soprano-recorder.ru         Moscow, Russia