Re: invoking lily from python

From: andrea valle
Subject: Re: invoking lily from python
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 14:41:02 +0200

(It simply depended on invoking from IDLE. Some strange behaviours. Everything solved using python form command line. Thanks)
-a-

On 5 Jun 2005, at 11:42, andrea valle wrote:

Dear all,

I'm calling lily from inside IDLE of Python, using module os with function os.system. I post this as I know Python is largely used among lilyponders. The same command line (/sw/bin/lilypond /Users/apple/Desktop/test.ly) from shell and from os.system gives two different results.

From shell it works perfectly (obviously).
(apples-Computer:~ apple$ /sw/bin/lilypond /Users/apple/Desktop/test.ly)

From os.system I have as output only the file test.tex, which is ok, but there are no other files. os.system ends with 0, which means all was ok.

>>> cmd="/sw/bin/lilypond /Users/apple/Desktop/test.ly"
>>> os.system(cmd)
0

Should I call explicitly the "convert" part to which lily refers printing on screen the following lines in command line mode?

Converting to `test.dvi'...
Converting to `test.ps'...
Converting to `test.pdf'...

It seems to me that this part is skipped when invoking from IDLE.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot
-a-