[OT] timidity Again

From: Will Oram
Subject: [OT] timidity Again
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 23:26:11 -0500

I wrote to the lilypond list last year regarding problems installing timidity properly on OS X. Somehow I did it, but my method has long been forgotten. I tried to reinstall timidity and ran into troubles. Compiling from source and moving the product to /sw/bin (where it usually sits), I execute 'timidity <sample midi file>'.

/usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg: No such file or directory
timidity: Can't read any configuration file.
Please check /usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg

Now, I have a config file, but not at that location. In fact, there is no such dir /usr, let alone anything beneath that. The closest-looking place to that filepath is where I normally keep my config file: /sw/share/timidity/timidity.cfg .

As recommended by the doc INSTALL, I went into the header files and hard-coded the desired filepath in. This also required opening the permissions on the directory to RW. Upon re-execution of the above, it runs, but none of the MIDI instruments play because

No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 45 - this instrument will not be heard No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 48 - this instrument will not be heard No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 70 - this instrument will not be heard No instrument mapped to tone bank 0, program 73 - this instrument will not be heard
No pre-resampling cache hit

The .cfg file worked perfectly with the old version, considering it had just one line: 'soundfont unison.sf2' with the soundfont file in the same dir. Now I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts?

Best,

Will Oram // Genius @ Large // AIM spamguy21
spamguy (at) foxchange (dot) com // wro1 (at) cwru (dot) edu