Re: More pictures to manual

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: More pictures to manual
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:24:45 -0700

On 5-Jun-05, at 2:49 AM, Roman Käppeler wrote:
At the moment this does not suffice for me. The manual just gives the
basics, but to get the result from this basics is still very, very
difficult! To write the notes is very, very easy, but to put different
staves together or something else still drives me gracy. I could waste
many stupid questions if there is a manual with many, many more
pictures, showing nearly all possibilites to put staves and notes together!

Is it possible to make such a manual??

Short answer: no, it's not possible.

Long answer: "nearly all possibilities to put staves and notes together" is
nearly infinite.  Think about how many instrument combinations are used
in the world.  Chamber groups, orchestra, wind band music, opera,
masses, choirs... there's no way we can cover all the possibilities. It's much
more useful to explain how to create (or modify) your own templates.

Cheers,
- Graham