Re: Newer version for FreeBSD

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Newer version for FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:18:23 -0700

On 7-Jun-05, at 6:42 PM, Gordon Gilbert wrote:

So. I've been watching ports for some time now, hoping that Lilypond would be upgraded there. I have tried writing to the maintainer listed there as well. To no avail. Is there anybody out there running FreeBSD 5.3 or thereabouts who could take the time to place a newer -- stable -- version in ports? Or who could step-by-step guide us non-geeks in the successful installation of a newer version on our machine?

See
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-06/msg00001.html

If it doesn't work, let me know. The hardest part was making sure all the dependencies are installed -- if there's any warnings or errors in ./autogen.sh, don't try to compile it.

Cheers,
- Graham