Re: transpose from "treble" to "bass"

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Re: transpose from "treble" to "bass"
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:56:02 +0000

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 19:41 +0200, Andreas Gemperle wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a piece written for "barition in b" (\key c \major | "clef: treble").
> I'd like to transpose it for a "trombone in c". ("clef: bass")
>
> Theoretical: C major becomes B major (2b) and a "g" becomes" a "f".  And clef
> has to become bass
> How can I do this automaticly with lilypond?
>
> I have looked for this in the documentation, but I couldn't find a
> sufficient
> solution (for me). I know there is a transpose-command, but I don't know how
> to use it for changing the key and clef at the same time. I tried it, but it
> didn't work :(
> Is there a good example??
>
> My version: GNU LilyPond 2.4.5
> System: Linux/Debian

When I think I'll be printing up different transpositions like this I
try to prepare for it when I input the notes.  For example:
music = \relative c' {
  c d e f g a b c
}

\score {
%  \transpose c c {    % use this line for treble clef Bb
  \transpose c bes,, { % use this line for bass clef C
%   \clef G            % use this line for treble clef Bb
    \clef F            % use this line for bass clef C
    \music

First I defined the music.  Then I set up a couple of switches so I can
easily change between transpositions.

Hope this helps.

-David