Re: Newer version for FreeBSD

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Newer version for FreeBSD
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 02:59:53 -0700

On 9-Jun-05, at 2:08 AM, Gordon Gilbert wrote:
This seems to be going great!! Thanks. I did the gmake last night (my time) and started the gmake install just now -- seems to be going without a hitch. I will indeed make deinstall the old port just as soon as this finishes up. Thanks again.

You need to deinstall the old port _before_ you install the new one. The new install might overwrite some files, so uninstalling the old port could mess up the new install.

If you've already done the deinstall, then try also uninstalling the new lilypond (see my other email), then installing the new one again. (you don't need to run "gmake all"
again)

- Graham