upgrading

From: Sacha Standen
Subject: upgrading
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:20:59 +0200

Hello

I've downloaded version 2.5.29-2 for Windows, but can't run the program. I'm using Windows ME. I've uninstalled the old version (2.4.3) through Cygwin setup and then installed 2.5.29 and now have an icon on the desktop (marked ly and entitled lilypond) which didn't exist with the old version. But when I double click this icon, it appears to be opening and a window opens for a split second before disappearing again. Meanwhile I can't open any of my LilyPond files without reinstalling version 2.4.3. I've accessed the lilypad in properties', and I can save it as an ly file, but when I double click the icon to generate a PDF output it starts to process it for about one second, then closes the 'bash' window. Is this a bug or am I being incompetant?

Regards

Sacha