RE: comparing lilypond (was Re: More pictures to manual)

From: David Bobroff
Subject: RE: comparing lilypond (was Re: More pictures to manual)
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:45:20 +0000

At 04:01 PM 6/12/2005 -0500, Fairchild wrote:
>Following the link Anders' provided finds a rich source of scores coded in
>Humdrum/**kern.  Anyone know if there exists S/W to convert Humdrum code to
>Lilypond?

Well, after looking up what Humdrum/**kern was all about I found this page:

http://www.ccarh.org/courses/253/lab/kernnotation/

With this quote;

 "You may also use the translation from Humdrum into MusicXML to import the
musical data into other programs listed on the recordare.com website, such
as LilyPond."

Following the link to recordare.com I found:

http://www.recordare.com/software.html

..and at the bottom of the page the line;

 "Guido Amoruso has announced an early version of his xml2ly XSLT
stylesheet for translating MusicXML into the LilyPond format."

That line contained a link to:

http://www.nongnu.org/xml2ly/

But...under the "To Do" list on this page is a reference to Lilypond 1.7
syntax for chords.  The output may be rather out of date.

-David