Re: Staff size and font names

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: Staff size and font names
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:08:10 -0700

In my limited experimentation they are relational to each other. I.E. the larger the staff size the large in relation to that size are the fonts used.
Jay

Basil Crow wrote:

In the following sample:

 % change for other default global staff size.
 myStaffSize = #20

 #(define fonts
(make-pango-font-tree "Minion Pro" "Myriad Pro" "Courier" (/ myStaffSize 20)))

what is the relevance of the " myStaffSize = #20" line in relation to selecting font names. I don't quite understand how they go together.

Thanks,
Basil