Re: very simple question re; verbose?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: very simple question re; verbose?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:50:10 +0200

If you tell exactly what LilyPond distribution you have, someone on the
list who has the same setup may be able to provide more precise answers.

My answer assumed that you ran the lilypond command from a command
window.

   /Mats

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:
Oops, Mats your are using terms I'm not even sure I understand.
I know that linux users are 'supposed' to know all this stuff but that's truely not me.

So-
I know how to do a man command or help but ....

When I want to look at a lily file I either; open it with kwrite (yuck but it's available and ok) or I click on the file icon and a window opens that either tells me what is fine or not and
Another window with the notation to look at.

However it all happens so fast, even at that point that it does not seem possible to type in a 'verbose' command in the text frame at all.

Therefore you must be referring to something else.

A guess is that you think I'm opening a konsole and opening the file from there.

Let me know if this is what you thought I was doing and then which step is the common one to take.

Thanks
Jay

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

I'm not sure what you need. From the lilypond manual or the command
lilypond --help, you can find the flags to get more verbose printouts
from the program. If you need to save to to a log file since it scrolls
away too quickly, then you can do
lilypond --verbose myfile.ly > logfile 2>&1
if you use bash as your shell or
lilypond --verbose myfile.ly >& logfile
if you use csh or tcsh.

   /Mats

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

Hello- this is probably a basic linux type question- however.
I have a file that I have been editing from midi to lily.
I finally have it so there are no line break problems but then suddenly there is something about lyric and to find the problem run it in verbose.

I don't know how to do that.

Thank you for your patience

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing