Accessing page number in markup for custom title

From: Rob Vlasaty
Subject: Accessing page number in markup for custom title
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:16:06 -0500

I’m trying to make a different title for each song in a book depending on
the page (song number to the left then title for even pages, title then song
number to the right for odd pages).  I’ve managed to write a little bit
of scheme code, but I’m stuck on how to access the value of the page
number.  Here’s what I've come up with so far:

        #(define MyTitle
                (if (odd? 3) "odd title" "even title" )  )

        scoreTitleMarkup = \markup {
                \MyTitle
        }

This works when I put in an even or odd number in place of the “3”.
 From looking at the file titling.scm, I would think I could just replace the
“3” with “page-number”, but that doesn’t work.
I’ve tried every variation I could think of with no luck, and can't find
anything in the documents.  What expression would I put to access the page
number at this point?

Rob

Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm