auto-beam

From: David Bobroff
Subject: auto-beam
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 11:06:23 +0000

I'm trying to set auto-beams.  I have a piece with:

\time 2/2

By default, LilyPond wants to beam across two quarter notes worth of beamed
notes.  This is fine as long as it is only eighth notes.  I don't want to
have two eighths + four sixteenths beamed together, nor do I want eight
sixteenths beamed together.

The rule I would like to define could be stated as follows:

A beam may not be more than a quarter note in length if sixteenth notes are
contained in it.

Is it possible to do this?  I've been looking at:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.5/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Setting-aut
omatic-beam-behavior.html#Setting-automatic-beam-behavior

...and have not yet figured out how to do this.

-David