RE: Languages other than English on the mailing list

From: stk
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 01:34:08 -0400 (EDT)

David Bobroff wrote:

>Já, þetta er góð hugmynd, er það ekki? Mér finnst það væri mjög praktíst í
>raununni, að því það er satt að sumt fólk getur ekki skrifað vel á ensku og
>mun frekar skrifa á móðurmálinu sínu.

[Rough translation:  Yes, that's a good idea, isn't it?  It seems to me
that it would be practical and realistic, since for some people it's true
that they can't write English well, they could, in addition, write in
their mother tongue.]

Icelandic.  Well, why not?  We all know that the current dominance of
English is just a historical accident.

-- Tom