Re: 2.6 autopackage on Debian sid!!

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: 2.6 autopackage on Debian sid!!
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:07:46 -0700

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Paul Scott writes:

1. I cannot find any menu entries (KDE) from the install.

We're using installDesktop to install, which should add KDE menu items
too.
After sending this I found that I could also easily install the MS Windows version (on W98). (I don't intend to actually use it there). I see that there is a LilyPond menu folder with 7 items.

I was just able to find a single menu item pointing to /usr/bin/lilypond under "Multimedia/Jack and More." Even if this pointed to lilypond-2.6.0 what sense does it make to point to the executable without providing a way to enter the necessary parameters? The same thing seems to be true of the MS Windows LilyPond menu entry except there it starts a never ending task.

Someone will have to send a bugreport to autopackage
development.  Would you want to do that?
I can do that either now or when we finish this discussion. Since this autopackage is completely new to me where and what is autopackage development?

2. I found the man and info pages.  Is there an HTML (lilypond-doc)
  manual available to download?

No.
Will there be or should I just take Mats' suggestion?

Thanks,

Paul