Re: Inserting multi-line text

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Inserting multi-line text
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:07:13 +0200

I cannot see any easy way to tell LilyPond to do the line breaking
automatically. However, if you stand to do that manually, the answer
to both your questions is to use Text markup, see the example called
score-text.ly in the "Regression Test" document (note that the
\book{...} isn't necessary) and the section on Creating Titles in
the manual.

   /Mats

Sven Axelsson wrote:
Lilypond 2.6.0 Win

I must be missing something obvious here, but how do I get Lilypond to insert a full paragraph of justified and line-wrapped text in the output? With the old TeX backend this was easy, just type the text (more or less), but I can't find a way to do it now.

To be specific, I want two things: Text between \score sections in a multi-score book, and line-wrapped text in the \header section where I sometimes have a comment field with a lot of text.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology