Re: First line single staff, then double and some other beginner questio

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: First line single staff, then double and some other beginner questions
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:58:21 +0200

Hendrik Maryns wrote:
Mats Bengtsson uitte de volgende tekst op 28/06/2005 13:46:
But now I have another problem: the text starts from the first line, I only want it to start from the second line, where the s1*4 of the second staff ends, that is. I tried inserting \skip 1*4, but this only skips one note. I couldn't really figure out the \skip syntax. Is there a document which describes the Lilypond syntax? It seems like a bug to me.

Anyway, how can I get my lyrics to begin inside of the repeat?

See section "7.3.6 More stanzas"

An alternative solution can be found if you browse through the examples
in the "Tips and Tricks" document.

> I assume you mean extra-staff.ly.  That's not exactly what I want, and
> the above works anyway.  Bookmarked that page, though!

Don't forget to look in the "Regression Tests" document as well.
Alternatively, use the snippet repository, which contains all(?)
examples from both "Tips and Tricks" and "Regression Tests".

And I'd like a pianostaff-like brace in front of my staves, but adding \pianoStaff messes up the text and all.

Search for "brace" in the "LilyPond Index"

That's another superb tip, however, I want this brace to be hidden before the preamble first line. I tried \once \override systemStartDelimiter #'transparent = ##t, but that doesn't seem to do anything. How can I do this?

The layout object for the braces is called SystemStartBrace, so that's
where you should set the 'transparent' property. I don't have a running
LilyPond installation in front of me right now, so I can't promise that
it'll work, though. Wait a second, it seems that you are using
StaffGroup, which means that you have a bracket, not a brace, i.e. the
relevant layout object is SystemStartBracket.

   /Mats