key signature and notes after - spacing

From: Sterling Sympatico
Subject: key signature and notes after - spacing
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:17:56 -0400

Hi,

I think that the problem I am having with key signatures crowding my bar
is that my piece starts in C# - , goes to C# + , then back to C# -.  In
the first C# - section, the spacing between key sig and notes is ok.  In
the C# + section, the spacing becomes crowded and remains so into the
second C# - section.  Could there be a default spacing setting at the
beginning of the piece that doesn't get observed in the C#+ section.
Then the spacing from the C#+ section gets used in the second C#-
section?  I don't know.

Just thinking.

Sterling