Re: [Mehmet Okonsar] Re: Egocentric Message :) Non Ascii char in compose

From: Hendrik Maryns
Subject: Re: [Mehmet Okonsar] Re: Egocentric Message :) Non Ascii char in composer's name
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:50:11 +0200

Mehmet Okonsar writes:
it worked but I get beside the letters their codes as well (0x15e, 0x15f)
yet I do not know how to type that into winedit and jedit (I use both) and
which settings to make

Mehmet Okonsar writes:

yes I did in both Lilypad and Winedit and JEdit (the last one in my
notebook with the same OS) In winedit I tried in doc options set to
UTF8 and ansi and asci modes without success I got only white space
in lieu of "my" letter.  I have WinXP, pro, English with regional
settings set to "Turkish"..

Try notepad2 from http://www.flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html, it switches to utf-8 very easily.

--
Hendrik Maryns

Interesting websites:
www.lieverleven.be      (I cooperate)
www.eu04.com            European Referendum Campaign
aouw.org                The Art Of Urban Warfare